Skip to main content

Happy Curling To You

HairQueen News


It's officially the holiday season and that means tis the season of holiday parties and family gatherings.

Do you have your outfits picked out for the the events coming up in the next few weeks? What about your hairstyles?

If you need inspiration, check out these winter hair trends.



Trends of the Season


This season, there are two primary trends: braided updos and hair accessories.

Braided Updos:





Hair accessories:




Or you could combine the two styles for a very trendy look!



Question of the Month


Question:

"I want to curl my hair for a holiday party.  What can I do to make sure my curls will hold throughout the evening?"


Answer:

It is all about the foundation.

To have your curls last throughout the evening, here are my curl tips for you.

For best result if possible start with unclean hair rather than a fresh shampoo, one day of unclean hair is fine.

  • Use a light hold hairspray and spray your entire head roots to ends.
  • Using a curling iron or hot rollers make barrel sized sections equal to the curling iron or rollers size for each curl.
  • Let all of the curls cool completely.
  • Remove the rollers or clippers gently and do not undo the curls.
  • For styling, depending on the desired look, use your fingers to loosely break up the curls and place them as desired and then spray them to death with a strong hold hairspray.
  • For a more formal look, lightly loosen each of the curls with a vent brush and then gently backcomb each curl from root to end and finally using a teasing brush lightly brush each curl to it's desired final look and spray the finished look to death with a strong hold hairspray.

If you must shampoo your hair, do a light shampoo and no conditioner.  Towel dry, use a detangler if needed, work at least a quarter size amount of gel from roots to end, comb it through all of your hair and blow dry as if you are going to have your regular daytime style, so use brushes as usual.  Make sure the hair is completely dry and then follow the bullet points above. 

Or call me for a holdiay hair party appointment, 510-545-2955.

Happy Curling To You.



Product of the Month


To help you look your best during your holiday parties and get-togethers, I'm extending the 10% discount on all shine hair products that I offered last month. I highly recommend these products to add a little extra shine to your hair:
  • BY Shine Mist Spray
  • BY Opulence
  • Framesi Argan Oil 




Runs Businesses with Scissors



Pat yourself on the back. 

You made it through another year of business!!! 


Now it's time to enjoy the holidaze season and all your hard-earned work.  But before you do take stock, what went well, what was difficult?  Did you take time to work on your business as well as in your business?  Do you have a plan for 2016?  If so, jolly good. If not, in between the flurry of the season, take a bit of time to sketch out a plan for at least the first quarter of the year.  Need help?  Contact me and let's work on your situation together.
Please feel free to get in touch with me via email at suzanne@suzannevanhouten.com 
or call me at 510-545-2955.

Happy Holidays and a Very Happy New Year!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What a Wonderful Decade

 HairQueen News It is with joy and a little sorrow that I after a fantastic ten year run I am announcing the closing of Swans Studios. Thank You Swans Studios My lease is up, I’m retired from my full-time career and now it’s time to close my brick-and-mortar business doors. The good news is that 936B Clay Street will reopen under new ownership by Diane Zelaya, my long-time associate and friend.  Congratulations Diane Join me in wishing Diane well in her new business endeavor and me well in this phase of my retirement plan. Don't worry I will continue to do my one-day-a-week V.I.P. Client Day at Diane’s Studios, Bay Vibrant. You can't get rid of me and Never My contact information remains the same. If you would like to rotate into my one-day-a-week schedule call 510-545-2955 or email, suzanne@suzannevanhouten.com or click here to book online.  Happy End of Summer!

Miss You

HairQueen News The past six months since I stepped into semi-retirement life have flown by! My new schedule of one-day-a-week continues to be working out.  I truly do miss so many of you from my full-time schedule.  There have been times that I have grieved this change and times I pinch myself in gratitude for this change, especially for the time with my granddaughters.  I continue to offer my gray hair transition specialty service. If you or someone you know is ready to embrace their grey, I would love the referral. Check out this article here for more details . For information re my one-day-a-week schedule and for future appointments with me call 510-545-2955 or email, suzanne@suzannevanhouten.com or click here to book online.                                   Swans Studios There are changes in the air at Swans Studios, I am looking for someone to share my studio and for someone to rent our third studio, please pass the word. Here’s a link to the ad on Craigslist. Come Join

Salon Suite Opportunity

HairQueen News Hello, I hope your 2023 is off to a good start! I trust you had a lovely holiday season, seems like an age ago now?  My very best wishes to you for a peaceful and delightful 2023. My holiday season was festive and especially fun with a one year old and a three and half year old, (granddaughters are the best.) I cannot help but marvel at how little time I seemed to have with my new “tip of my scissors schedule”, as I prepped for the holidays and wrapped up the year for Swans Studios.  Its true retirement life is a busy life. My new schedule of one-day-a-week is working out so far.  I do miss so many of you from my full-time schedule.   I know you are in good hands. I appreciate the love, on-going support and good wishes. Swans Studios News I am now looking for a new person to join Swans Studios. I would to find someone wonderful to share my studio since I am no longer there full-time and it’s an amazing place to work. If you know any hair stylists, ready f